Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cruise Awards 2013: Larry Pimentel - Lifetime Achievement

The Cruise International Awards 2013 were awarded today. For full results and details on the awards, visit the Cruise International Awards 2013 website.

I was excited to see a Lifetime Achievement award go to Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. I "met" Larry recently in a Twitter #cruisechat.

I asked Larry about the process of redesigning a traditional cruise itinerary into today's Azamara Cruise Clubs product with overnight and extended stays in ports. He said it wasn't easy (no surprise) and that it took about 3 years (that surprised me).

Azamara Journey (7432829054)
Azamara Journey
I am also a huge fan of what Azamara has done with the dreaded single supplement, offering a broad selection of cruises at a fair price.

I know the award will bring articles and blog posts on Larry and his contribution to the industry - I am looking forward to them!

Congratulations Larry!

PS. If you want to follow Larry on Twitter, he is @LarryPimentel

Related:

No comments:

Post a Comment